POLICE SERVICE TECH
Job no: 522892
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Law Enforcement/Security, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:73030500 - UPD-HEALTH CENTER SECURITY
Police Service Tech
- Foot patrol (vehicle or foot) assigned area of the Health Center facility to safeguard against trespassing, thefts, fire and other hazards. Patrol through buildings, report suspicious activity/person(s), clear building of unauthorized persons; check with authorized personnel in building on a regular basis to ensure personal safety; provide escorts when requested; ensure that doors are properly secured and/or opened upon authorized request; windows are closed and lights off when facilities are not in use; monitor service drives for parking violations; assist law enforcement agencies, fire department and other emergency personnel.
- Respond to non-emergency police incidents including, but not limited to: lost/found property, criminal mischief, increased patrol request, etc.
- Assist with traffic accident investigations, assist motorists with disabled vehicles, traffic direction, etc.
- Assist with basic crime scene duties to include: lifting fingerprints, taking measurements, taking photographs, collecting evidence, securing crime scenes, and writing crime scene reports.
- Answer inquiries from public, directs to appropriate agency/division.
- Attends training classes and seminars.
- Testimony and appearance in judicial proceedings (witness appearance rather than arresting officer, used to witness rights, original complaint, how received, etc.
- Miscellaneous duties.
- This position is designated as an Essential Employee. Essential employees provide vital support to the University of Florida and are subject to recall to work when deemed necessary by the Chief of Police/designee. Recall to work typically happens due to an emergency, disaster or special event that may coincide with the official suspension of classes and/or closing of offices.
$15.00 per hour
A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Some positions may require proficiency in typing.
Must have a valid FL driver's license.
Working knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; working knowledge of judicial proceedings; working knowledge of principles of correct grammar usage; working knowledge of radio codes and other procedures; ability and skill to effectively communicate via police radio, telephone, etc.; knowledge, ability and skill in operating motor vehicles and other police equipment; ability to work effectively in stressful situations. Ability to understand and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communications; ability to exercise independent judgment without supervision; ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments; ability to investigate and obtain critical facts; ability to identify and describe facts and events accurately; ability to collect and evaluate data; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to deal with individuals and critical situations in an effective manner. Ability to open and close gates to campus. Ability to operate safely authorized motorized vehicle type equipment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend