Executive Assistant II- Jupiter, FL
Job no: 522705
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Office/Administrative/Fiscal Support
Department:37010100 - SR-HA-ADMINISTRATION
Executive Assistant II
Work performed requires a variety of clerical and organizational skills and an extensive working knowledge of UF Scripps Biomedical Research administrative operations and scientific departments. Independent judgment and proactive problem- solving techniques are used to manage tasks, including planning, initiating, and implementing administrative activities. Primary responsibilities to the faculty, leadership, operational management will include:
- Provides administrative assistance to various departments as necessary. Functions include initiating, planning, and completing administrative activities such as drafting correspondence, calendar management, managing travel arrangements and expense report processing, financial processing, and purchasing related activities while effectively liaising with internal and external constituents.
- Assists in monitoring budgetary performance of various operational and scientific laboratories. Such activities include tracking/reconciling accounts and initiating follow-up discussions with specific functional areas regarding budget variances.
- Serves as the liaison to various internal and external constituents through correspondence, phone, and in-person contact. Including answering service requests and shepherding them to resolution.
- Provides administrative support to other operational units as necessary including Facilities, Development, Public Affairs, Grants and Contracts and procurement. Assist with administrative activities relating to work ticket and Preventive Maintenance (PM) systems, academic functions including scientific conferences, seminars, recruitment itineraries, meetings and follows through with stakeholders. Assist with Institute-wide events.
- Collects information and prepares materials for use in discussions and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
$50,000-$75,000 annually; commensurate with experience.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience as an executive assistant or administrative assistant to a senior management level position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with website content management.
- Experience with writing copy and correspondence for the department, including announcements, newsletters, social media posts, and website updates, and press releases.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and UF policies and procedures
- Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to payroll, fiscal functions, account reconciliations and budgetary reporting
- Experience with and knowledge of university, state and federal regulations regarding fiscal and budget, and understand how HR procedures work in conjunction with fiscal and budget.
- Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to financial applications
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent provision of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Critical thinking skills (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills (strongly preferred)
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure with shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be self-directed and work with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to collaborate in team environment, convey positive work ethic, maintain diplomatic and respectful interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload resume and cover letter.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
This is a time-limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend