Laboratory Technician Labor
Job no: 522560
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Department:60732000 - AG-CREC-PLANT PATHOLOGY
OPS Laboratory Technician
Our research laboratory located in Lake Alfred Florida has a part-time (potentially leading to full-time) position for a qualified individual to assist research staff with conducting experiments related to the study of citrus greening disease or Huanglongbing (HLB). We are working to develop and deploy CTV infectious clones to mitigate the HLB effect on citrus production.
An ideal candidate will have several years’ laboratory experience and coursework in microbiology, virology, plant pathology or related field. Advanced degree is a plus. Laboratory experience can substitute for degree.
$15 - $20 Hour depending on experience.
Desired skills include experience with major molecular biology protocols including any of the following:
- Northern and Western blotting
- DNA /RNA extraction and agarose gel analysis of DNA/RNA samples
- cloning techniques
- real-time PCR and RT-PCR assays
- enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- RNA sequencing analysis
- inoculation of plants with pathogens
- Preparing tissue samples for analysis by collecting, chopping, weighing, and processing.
- Preparing and maintaining chemical solutions, media stocks and other consumables.
- Experience with confocal microscopy is a plus
- Other duties as assigned.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
This is a time-limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend