Research Assistant I - Bao Lab
Job no: 521507
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Biology/Life Science
Department:37044020 - SR-MM-BAO LAB
Research Assistant I
Under minimal supervision, independently and in collaboration with others perform research and conduct a wide variety of standard laboratory procedures for projects; analyze data and interpret results; investigate, troubleshoot, and modify methods and procedures as necessary; may assist in designing experiments; may provide routine equipment maintenance as well as guidance/training to other department personnel; perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Assistance given for unusual problems and normally reviewed for application of sound professional judgement
- Ability to independently conduct a wide variety of standard laboratory techniques/procedures. Some ability to use judgement when necessary to adapt standard methods and
techniques. Receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- May provide interpretation and initial analyses of results.
- Limited ability to troubleshoot and modify procedures.
- May assist in designing experiments to complete a segment of overall research plan.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
- This position works in a laboratory or vivarium environment.
Commensurate with experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained. Requires 1-3 years experience. Candidates possessing a Master’s degree, 0-2 years experience required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin May 4, 2022.
This is a time-limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend