College of Journalism and Communications
Office of the Dean
Conference-Event Manager II
Bring Your Innovation to a Winning Team!
The College of Journalism and Communications (CJC) seeks an innovative and enthusiastic Conference-Events Manager to provide event strategy that supports accomplishing the overall CJC vision, mission and strategic plan.
About the Opportunity
- Partner with faculty and staff to coordinate and implement events
- Recommend event operating procedures and manage logistics
- Provide leadership, direction, and coordination among speakers, staff, and volunteers during event program/production.
- Manage, maintain and track all allotted funds for college-wide events.
- Provide online content before and after events and work with webmaster to manage
- Develop video production concepts, treatments and detailed design plans for virtual events.
- Assist Media Services with post production process (film review and editing) to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule talent and crew to complete projects.
- Serves as key point of contact for the creation, planning, end-to-end logistics and execution of college-wide events
- Serves as commencement coordinator, responsible for managing all commencements assigned to the college and commencement related activities
- Coordinate event set-up and break-down
- Prepare timelines, checklists, guest lists and invitations, coordinating and managing mailings, RSVPs, nametags, on-site event registration, parking arrangements, etc.
- Work with communications and marketing departments to create plans for pre- and post-publicity, mailings and social media.
- Collaborates with in-house staff or freelancers, produce collateral or promotional materials that relate to events, including programs, pledge forms, signage and invitations.
- Prepare post-event analysis to assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events and services to internal and external constituencies and to implement recommendations as appropriate.
The College of Journalism and Communications
The College of Journalism and Communications is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC) and is home to four departments – Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, and Telecommunication. The college provides hands-on learning immersion experiences through the Innovation News Center, The Agency, Frank gatherings, the Division of Multimedia Properties, the Summer Media Institute, undergraduate research, various extracurricular groups and activities, etc. To learn more: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/this-is-cjc/
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The College of Journalism and Communication is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment, preeminent scholarship, cross-disciplinary education, superior skills development, and collaboration spanning the science and practice of communication to produce significant societal impact on a local, state, and global scale. To learn more about CJC IDE efforts, please click on the link: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/diversity-and-inclusion/diversityabout/.
In support of being a preeminent University, the College of Journalism and Communications is committed to developing strategies that attract the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds.
The City of Gainesville Gainesville
Gainesville (http://cityofgainesville.org) is home to Florida's largest and oldest university, and so is one of the state's centers of education, medicine, cultural events and athletics. Additionally, the city owns a regional transit system, a regional airport, and a 72-par championship golf course. Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville's numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban "forest," Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida. Explore Gainesville in 60 Seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_7nUKAFanM