Digital Content Creator, Student Assistant
Job no: 518186
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:05230000 - RU-MARKETING / RETAIL ADMIN
STU AST-NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
Student employees within Marketing & Strategic Communications must:
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Willing to work 10-12 hours per week
- Be available to work weekdays, and some evening and weekends
- Possess exceptional customer service skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being productive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Act as an ambassador for Marketing & Strategic Communications, the Division of Student Affairs, as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
Area specific job responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans for the student spaces, primarily within the Reitz Union and Newell Hall.
- Work with professional staff to coordinate and manage social media, digital signage schedules, physical signage and project management.
- Ideate, create and pitch social media content ideas for the area’s various social platforms
- Research, strategize, and advise area on the social media content landscape ranging from current trends to universal best practices.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors in an agency style work environment with both student and professional staff including graphic designers, videographers, communication specialists and more.
This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS) or Federal Work-Study (FWS) and must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Have an interest in people and building positive relationship that make our department and the UF community better
- Possess solid writing and grammar skills, as well as the ability to craft and maintain a consistent voice and tone
- Ability to demonstrate intelligent thinking and an eye for detail and accuracy
- An interest in thinking creatively, strategically and collaboratively to aid in educating our community on the experiences and offerings available to enhance the UF experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume with the application.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend