This position assists in the treatment of horses and other large animals admitted to the Large Animal Hospital. This will be assigned, as needed, to various services by the Supervisor/Manager to provide assistance to professional staff, facilitate communication, efficiency, and organization of the assigned service and recover charges. Also, assists with the admission and discharge of inpatients and outpatients help replenish supplies, and maintains a sanitary and functionally well-organized service within the Large Animal Hospital.
These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed:
• Assist in providing support to faculty veterinarians in the delivery and instruction of primary care; assist professional staff in performing critical and intensive care or life-sustaining emergency care, diagnostic services, blood collection, and fluid administration as directed.
• Assist Service clinicians with paperwork including discharge letters, record keeping, dispensing medications at discharge, and client communications and documentation.
• Performs or assists inpatient medical evaluation and observation. Administers medications collect, prepares, and submits clinical pathology samples, captures, and inputs fees for materials and services.
• Handle, manipulate, and restrain horses and other large animals including goats, alpacas, llamas, and bovine patients in the course of their medical treatments and care.
• Independently sets up, maintains, and ensures proper storage of specialized diagnostic equipment.
• Provides clinical service support by maintaining a supply inventory and supervising and replenishing stock within the assigned areas and maintains a clean/sanitary and functionally organized clinical service area.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of reference.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.