OPS Standardized Patient
Job no: 515733
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Arts/Museum, Health Profession
Department:29010806 - MD-ANACLERIO LEARNING CENTER
OPS As Needed
The Dr. Angelo and Alberta Anaclerio Learning and Assessment Center (ALAC) provides medical students with Standardized Patient (SPs) simulations. These simulations involve the use of individuals trained to portray the roles of patients, family members or others to allow students to practice physical exam skills, history taking skills, communication skills and other exercises. Multiple standardized patients are being recruited to portray these roles.
In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and accurately portray specific emotions, behaviors and disease symptoms while interacting with students in the health care field during simulated patient encounters designed to enable experiential learning and/or assessment of students' skills. Assess student behaviors using standardized measurement tools, and participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level standardized patients. Work varied hours on an as needed basis.
Specific Duties Include:
- Memorizes a case script detailing specific emotions, behaviors, and disease signs/symptoms for presentation during simulated learning situations.
- Presents case information in a standardized manner, as elicited by students during simulated interactive patient history and/or medical examinations.
- Remains in a specific patient character as trained when responding to student questions.
- Accurately remembers interactions with students for the purpose of evaluating their performance.
- Participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level standardized patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases, student performance , feedback and evaluations.
- Demonstrate no bias related to gender, race, religion, national origin, physical characteristics, etc.
- Willingness to be video recorded for and examined for educational purposes
- Provides constructive verbal feedback within a structured format, as appropriate to the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Multiple positions available on a part-time, as needed basis.
Some position openings may require specific physical attributes and/or characteristics designed to meet the role of the character being portrayed.
Variable based on assigned activity. Activities requiring more experience and skills are paid at higher rates.
Completion of ninth (9th) grade
- High School Diploma
- Flexible availability
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions and will remain open until openings are filled.
Background check required.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend