OPS Laboratory Technician
Job no: 515666
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Other, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:33050000 - HP-PHYSICAL THERAPY
OPS Sponsored Projects Non-Clerical
The selected candidate will work within a well-funded respiratory neurobiology research group in the McKnight Brain Institute. The administrative home for this position is the Department of Physical Therapy in the College of Public Health and Health Professions. We seek an individual with excellent technical abilities and time management skills. Must perform well in fast-paced environment and be able to work both independently and within a team.
$15.00 to $20.00 per hour, negotiable based on education and experience
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Engineering, or related field. 5 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, microscopes, electrodes, amplifiers, etc.
- Ability to support computer use for data acquisition and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and related techniques such as soldering, using digital multi-meter, etc.
- Flexibility is required as project needs change routinely.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Previous experience with rodent handling is useful.
- Previous research laboratory experience.
- Experience producing quality computer generated graphics for publications and presentations.
- Experience with compressed gases highly desired.
- Programming and statistical skills (such as Python or MatLab).
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Applicants who applied previously remain under consideration and need not reapply.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend