OPS Summer Media Institute Program Coordinator
Job no: 515452
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Office/Clerical
Department:23040000 - CJC-JOURNALISM
||(OPS) Summer Media Institute Program Coordinator
The Summer Media Institute program coordinator will report to the program director and handle all of its significant internal and external logistical needs. They include but may not be limited to, and in no particular order of importance:
• Managing the program’s budget, including updating budget spreadsheets.
• Managing the program’s relationship with the UF dining and housing offices, ensuring logistics for SMI participants while on campus.
• Registering SMI with UF Office of Youth Conference Services to ensure compliance with summer program mandates (including required background checks for RA’s and instructors).
• Managing program enrollment registration.
• Securing meeting spaces and classrooms for SMI program that are assigned by the university (e.g., Gannett Auditorium) as well as those owned by CJC.
• Ordering materials needed for SMI week and recruiting (e.g., T-shirts and swag giveaways, etc.).
• Supervising student work hours and attending weekly planning meetings with them and the director.
• Helping to manage relationships with specialization instructors, including ensuring we know whether they will join us again and they know when SMI happens.
• Coordinating travel arrangements for program assistants to attend conferences and promote SMI event across the country.
• Coordinating travel, lodging and schedule for speakers coming to Gainesville for SMI.
• Helping to supervise recruitment of resident and teaching assistants and coordinating HR and payroll setup to ensure timely payments and background checks.
• Handling internal money transfers for scholarship funding support.
• Ensuring timely payments to vendors, speakers and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate’s degree and five years of relevant experience or any combination of education and experience.
- Effective organization and communication skills
- Experience managing or working with high school and or college students
- Experience working with software and programs such as Excel, Eventbrite, Slack, etc.
- Project Management Experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
All questions regarding this position, should be directed to Herbert Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend