The College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida is looking for a creative and self-motivating Marketing Analyst who takes pride in his/her work and is ready to promote strategic partnerships for employers and students.
The Marketing Analyst for the Office of Careers and Corporate Partnerships (OCCP) in the UF College of Journalism and Communications is responsible for gathering, entering, interpreting, analyzing, disseminating and managing data critical to expanding the college’s employer network and cultivating internship and job placement opportunities. This position assists in the development of marketing materials and coordinates OCCP events and programs. This position is time limited.
To learn more about the OCCP, please click on the link: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/home/about/careers-and-corporate-partnerships/occp-about/
- Tracks and collects data around employer partners, internship and job opportunities, and campus engagement activities using CRM systems, databases or other data collection tools. Manages the OCCP job/internship database. Creates and manages mailing lists for organizational mailings.
- Prepares reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Analyzes and reports on job market trends, including current market conditions, in-demand occupations and companies’ recruitment processes.
- Collaborates with OCCP Director and campus career staff to generate employer leads and build on existing system-level relationships. Identify creative, strategic methods to help OCCP engage prospective employers.
- Devises and evaluates methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Coordinates the Gator to Gator Coaching Program and the OCCP Virtual Career Day Program.
- Assists in the creation of promotional communications and logistics for events, employer recruiting initiatives, newsletters, OCCP website and other office communication channels.
- Assists with projects as needed.
The College of Journalism and Communications understands the importance of diversity as a contribution to the industries of journalism and communication in our increasingly multicultural nation and globalized marketplace. We value diversity and the development of competence in intercultural communication and behavior for all who are a part of our College, industry and society. We are committed to incorporating diversity and inclusiveness in our faculty, staff, students, curriculum, research, immersion properties and culture.
For more information about our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity commitments, please click on the links:
- Experience with CRM programs, WordPress, databases and business research tools.
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc.).
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills. Superior spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills; proficiency in Associated Press style.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments independently and to work as part of a team toward organizational objectives.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work within deadlines.
- Must be professional and able to communicate information accurately and effectively.
- Must display independent judgment, initiative and sound decision making.