- Process work orders and phone orders.
- Process outgoing mail, both domestic and international. Ensure that mail is processed in a timely manner and that the mail has the proper postage to avoid delays. Sort incoming mail and deliver to appropriate office.
- Maintain electronic calendar for Conference Room. As necessary, prepare conference room for meetings, conferences, etc. This includes straightening chairs, removing unnecessary debris, and ensuring that adequate supplies are available.
- Maintain electronic calendars and vehicle logs for office vans. Ensure logs are completed properly, approved, and filed on a monthly basis..
- Lock and unlock the second floor of Grinter Hall on a daily basis.
- In the absence of the Executive Assistants in the Vice President’s office, employee is cross-trained to provide office coverage.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and storing office supplies as needed. An adequate amount of paper is to be appropriately maintained at all times. Purchase supplies as necessary for departmental functions; e.g., award ceremonies, etc. Receipts are to be appropriately submitted (per departmental protocol) - Administrative Support Assistants responsible for PCard reconciliation or the Business Office for processing.
- Provide analysis of attendance to supervisors/managers when requested.
- Update position descriptions and requests for re classifications and/or new positions. Ensures that job descriptions are in the proper format and in compliance with the University’s guidelines.
- Assists new employees in the completion of appropriate payroll forms including completion of I-9 (with supporting documents) and W4, signing of loyalty oath, and verifying experience and academic credentials. - -- - Verifies information is correct and in compliance with department, university and federal policies. Prepares letter of offer for appropriate new hires.
- Process new hires as assigned. This includes various units in UF | Research. Complete payroll distributions in a timely manner.
- Through coordination with the Director, employee is responsible for reviewing and monitoring time sheets and communicates with employees of any necessary corrections. Monitors payable time and leave entered. Conducts an extensive review of the pay list each pay period to ensure that employees are paid as approved prior to submitting to the Director for signature.
Assistance to Director for Human Resources:
- Perform a variety of duties as assigned by the Director according to the daily needs and operation of the Office of Personnel and Administrative Services. This include performing errands, scheduling meetings and interviews, reporting services/repairs needed, distributing mail, filing, typing, and acting as a receptionist for the Office of Personnel and Administrative Services.
- Responsible for updating the electronic directory and departmental addresses when employees are hired or terminated. Maintain the website for Personnel and Administrative Services..
- Maintain up-to-date contact information for UF Research staff.
Other duties as assigned
Experience with Microsoft Excel and Publisher.
Ability to answer a multiple phone line system in a professional manner.
General knowledge of the operations for the various offices.
Knowledge of professional office skills.
Ability to be multi tasked.
Knowledge of effective written and oral communication, ability to articulate and interpret information.
Establish and maintain professional and effective working relations with others.
Exercise good judgment.
Strong user automated-system skills; word processing, electronic mail, phone systems, and imaging documents.
Maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to this position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
A criminal background check is required.
This is not a remote work position, and it is located on the University of Florida main campus in Gainesville, FL.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.