Veterinary Hospital Anesthesiology Technician I/II (CARE)
Job no: 519081
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:28318000 - VM-ANESTHESIOLOGY/PAIN MGT
Vet Hospital Anesth Tchn I/II (CARE)
Example of Anesthesia technician duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in providing clinical anesthesia support
- Provide restraint of patients without risk to patient, self, and others.
- Perform Anesthetic nursing skills such as, but not limited to, venipuncture, catheter placement, intubation, advanced anesthesia monitoring, local and regional blocks, CRI management, and arterial catheters
- Adequately assess the patient’s need for analgesia in the perioperative period
- Abide by appropriate hospital SOPS for infection control when handling patients, providing interventions/treatments and processing/performing diagnostic testing.
- Instructing students and new team members including fellow technicians, assistants, and volunteers in technical skills and professionalism using a variety of teaching techniques
- Evaluating and monitoring progress and intervening when necessary to ensure their success
- Foster effective communication within the patient care team in regards to the patient’s perioperative status, especially during transition to and from the PCW and ICU areas
- Monitoring of anesthetic recovery and post procedure analgesia
- Conducting teaching moments in structured orientations, rounds, or throughout the day on a one-on-one or group basis
- Model appropriate stress management in a tumultuous environment
- Maintain accurate anesthesia records, including the surgical checklist and controlled drug sheet
- Ensure surgery checklists are followed and completed
- Communicate effectively with clinicians, students and technicians regarding patient status, changes in treatment plans etc.
- Ensure anesthesia records are thoroughly filled out and information is concise and accurate
- Enter charges at point of care
Competitive salary based on credentialing and anesthesia experience
Technician I: High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or graduate of a veterinary technology program.
Technician II: Certification or licensure as a Veterinary Technician; and two years of experience working as a veterinary technician providing surgical and/or anesthesia support. Graduation from and AVAMA Accredited Veterinary Technology program and/or Certified Veterinary Technician Licensure in good standing.
||• A base understanding anesthesia and pain management
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving drug calculations
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
• Excellent customer service skills; excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work within a team and perform with minimum supervision
• Ability to multitask as well as ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
• Ability to set priorities and solve problems
• Demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other members of the patient care team
• Critical thinking skills and a positive attitude; Able to think independently and demonstrate good problem solving skills while making timely decisions
• Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of personnel in a positive manner
• Open to accept constructive criticism from senior staff and clinicians and respond accordingly.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume, cover letter, and list of at least three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for an extended period of time.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend