Clinical Research Nurse
Job no: 516825
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Jacksonville Campus
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:30090000 - JX-PEDIATRICS-JACKSONVILLE
Clinical Research Nurse
- Actively recruits and screens eligible patients for research protocols. Assists and conducts Informed Consent process. Completes Informed Consent quality assurance assignments as needed.
- Coordinates and implements enrollment and follow-up procedures to collect data from patient charts, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, and other sources. Willing to do home visits if needed.
- Assures that study-related laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are completed, reviewed, and confirmed when necessary. Completes grading of labs per DAIDS toxicity table and/or other study-specific grading scale.
- Performs phlebotomy on both pediatric and/or adult patients and performs all study lab processing including centrifuging, aliquoting, storage, freezer maintenance and shipping as assigned. Evaluate effectiveness of biomedical equipment and/or treatment regimen in the context of the research.
- Completes and submits Case Report Forms (CRFs) and pertinent study-related forms accurately and within specified time limits. Resolves any logic checks, errors, queries and delinquencies that come up with strict time-frames. Completes quality assurance assignments.
- Communicates with providers, protocol teams, sponsors, IRB, as well as others from the UF CARES staff regarding the clinical management of signs, symptoms, toxicities, abnormal labs, deviations, adverse events, etc.
- Maintains contact with study patients to facilitate study retention and their care, including communication regarding study requirements, coordinates drug dispensing with Research Pharmacist and other procedures, treatment, etc. In-services UF CARES staff and other participating staff on research protocols and topics.
- Provides preceptorship and research trainings to the new and current research coordinators. This includes LDMS, lab processing of specimen, and study related activities.
- Updates study schemas/source documentation for studies and assists with overall QA activities for the program.
- Understands regulatory process and IRB and FDA requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies. Completes and maintains regulatory files as assigned. Helps with regulatory submissions to IRB and sponsors.
- Maintains monthly billing for study visits and documents appropriate fees on research referral forms.
- Attends pertinent educational or study activities to include some out of town meeting and reviews on current literature relevant to clinical area. Possible local travel in the community.
||$55,000 to $75,000 annually depending on education and experience.
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and four years of professional nursing experience. Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing and two years of professional nursing experience.
- Two years prior experience with clinical trails.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS clinical trials is preferred but not required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend