Call Center Representative
Job no: 516395
Work type: Temp Full-Time, Temp Part-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Office/Clerical
Department:32060501 - PH-CENTER OF QTY MED LAKE NONA
Call Center Representative
This position is located in Orlando, Florida. The University of Florida’s Center for Quality Medication Management is hiring part-time and full-time Call Center Representatives. This position is located at UF's Lake Nona Campus in the Orlando area. This position will be responsible for effectively assessing patient/provider/customer needs and concerns, provision of timely MTM services and quality related services, receipt and response to calls from both provider offices and pharmacies, as well as participation in all required MTM center operational meetings and training sessions.
- Participation in all required MTM center operational meetings and training sessions as necessary
- Provision of timely MTM services and quality related services
- Receipt and response to calls from both provider offices and pharmacies if necessary
- Receives, places and responds to communications (telephonic, fax, email etc.) for patients, providers, pharmacies and other healthcare related entities
- Performs data entry as required for assigned duties
- Ensures first contact resolution- effectively assesses patient/provider/customer needs and concerns, requests additional help when needed
- Determines appropriate actions to be taken in service communications and escalates communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Salary based upon experience and potentially adjusted by second language skills.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Training as a pharmacy technician (preferred), Other qualifications to be considered
- Prior call center, managed care, retail, or MTM experience preferred
- Experience in a patient care environment or other related customer service fields preferred
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, making continuous calls for the majority of all shifts
- Highly dependable and adherent to all work and attendance policies
- Ability to evaluate information from both oral and written sources, pharmaceutical references, and report information to pharmacists
- Uses, and pronounces, common medical and pharmaceutical terms correctly
- Ability to diffuse difficult calls, and escalate to the next level of support only when necessary
- Understanding of Medicaid and Medicare Part D drug benefit and basic design of the drug benefit
- High energy, mature and comfortable working with all levels of professionals, students, and patients
- Polite, courteous, professional speaking voice, able to maintain a pleasant tone and demeanor on the phone
- Presents a warm, friendly and empathetic atmosphere in person and by phone using active listening techniques
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality as required by HIPAA, company and departmental guidelines
- Ability to probe and question patients and providers to understand concerns or needs
- Strong command of the English language (Bilingual preferred)
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
This time-limited position is located at UF's Lake Nona Campus in Orlando, FL.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or remote work.
This position requires a criminal background check prior to hire.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend