The Senior Director of Development plays an important role as a member of a highly collaborative development team within the UF Health Office of Development in support of the research, education, and clinical care missions of the UF Health Cancer Center. Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Development for UF Health, and reporting to the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) Director, this position is responsible for the creation and implementation of a broad range of philanthropic strategies to cultivate and solicit private support for the UFHCC and associated departments and divisions serving the research community in meeting the needs of our patients, family members, and caregivers. This position will build and maintain key strategic partnerships with UFHCC senior leadership, UF and UF Health research faculty, UF Health clinician-scientists, and community stakeholders, as well as collaborating UF Advancement (UFA) colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with UFA staff in developing and optimizing strategies to obtain major gifts in support of the UFHCC mission.
- Manage a portfolio of major and leadership level gift donors and prospects.
- Engage with prospective donors and strategically moves prospects through the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship gift cycle, with a focus on acquiring major gifts of $100,000 and above.
- Utilize alternative giving methods beyond current, to include deferred giving options, and non-cash donations.
- Create strategic partnerships with physicians, researchers, administrators, and medical staff to identify and target fund raising needs, initiatives and priorities. Work closely with faculty, staff and volunteers in the identification and cultivation of prospective donors. Develop effective communication strategies to articulate needs and priorities via multimodal communication platforms.
- Build, cultivate, and manage relationships, utilizing a strategic moves management approach to yield maximum philanthropic support in a timely fashion.
- Develop and present concept papers and major gift proposals, and acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate to the, mission, and values of the UFHCC and UFA.
Engagement & Strategic Initiatives
- Establish regular communication with key individuals from the UFHCC, UF Health, and collaborating departments/divisions to identify specific areas of priority for private support.
- Design and implement strategic initiatives to support the UFHCC, UF and UF Health priorities and objectives in partnership with the UFHCC Director and Senior Director of Development.
- Partner with key stakeholders within the UFHCC, UF Health and UF Advancement communities locally and regionally to design and implement initiatives intended to advance the case for private support for the UFHCC.
- Engage prospects and donors through meaningful events and cultivation of individualized stewardship that prioritize and align with donor/prospect passions.
- Invite and receive grateful patient referrals from clinical department faculty and respond with an engagement plan, when appropriate, to patient referrals generated by the UF Health Office of Development & Alumni Affairs.
- Collaborate with UFHCC leadership for all aspects of the development program. Work closely with designated stakeholders to determine appropriate fund raising needs and priorities.
- Partner with UFHCC leadership to identify new and/or innovative research breakthroughs that will stimulate donor interest to advance philanthropy for campaign and UFHCC priority areas.
- Coordinate and lead faculty and volunteers in the cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
- Work with, and develop strong relationships with community stakeholders (e.g. ACS), identify community-based events for targeted donor engagement solicitation opportunities.
- Participate in UF Health alumni and development activities, including but not limited to Alumni Weekend, volunteer meetings, Commencement, and donor recognition events.
- Intentionally build and invest in developing strong relationships with faculty, volunteers, and peers to promote a culture of philanthropy in support of the UFHCC and associated departments and divisions serving the research community in meeting the needs of our patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Meet with assigned UFHCC senior leadership, UF research faculty, UF Health physician-scientists, set regular meeting schedule, and develop knowledge of research programs, clinical areas, aligning research strengths and grateful patient/faculty referral base.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6-8 years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
- Prior experience in an academic medical center or comprehensive cancer research center is strongly preferred. Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player
- Competency in problem solving.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver's license and good driving record are essential.*
*Business expenses are reimbursed through a standard accounting system. The ability to pay for expenses using your own personal credit card or funds and have them reimbursed is essential.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of three references.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) Training is required upon employment.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.