Federal Work Study - Testing Proctor (DRC)
Job no: 515026
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Clerical, Student Affairs/Services
Department:04011000 - SA-DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER
STU AST - CLERICAL & ADMIN
The DRC Testing proctors are responsible for following and implementing DRC Testing Office policies and procedures, proctoring accommodated exams, prepping accommodated exams that are being administered, maintaining exam security, assisting with student and faculty inquiries, troubleshooting any errors and providing basic clerical support.
Job Duties include:
- Proctoring exams by seating students in assigned testing space, starting and stopping exams monitoring closed circuit surveillance cameras, and scanning and/or packaging completed exams
- Answering student, staff and faculty questions as well as providing information regarding Testing Services
- Prepping accommodated exams provided by faculty
- Managing the testing database system and assisting with student exam scheduling
- Handling a high volume of phones calls and emails
- Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings and monthly training sessions
Testing Proctor Responsibilities:
- Answer Phones/Emails
- Help walk-ins with questions or concerns
- Prepare and proctor exams
- Reader/Scribe for exams
- Maintain testing rooms
- Monitor cameras during exam
- Package or scan and email exams for instructors
- Sort emails/files to correct folder
- Must receive or be eligible to receive Federal Work Study
- Students must have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be in good conduct standing with the University of Florida
- Willingness to make a commitment of 10 hours a week, for at least 2 consecutive semesters. Position requires working during Finals and Midterms.
- Our operating hours are from 7:30am-10:30pm, must be flexible to work morning and/or evening shifts. Shifts are scheduled around course schedules.
- Detail oriented
- Capable of working and multi-tasking independently
- Punctual and reliable
- Experience working in an office environment
- Ability to maintain professional relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations with discretion
- Computer skills, Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and Federal Work Study Award for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Must have current UF Federal Work Study Award stating proof of Federal Work Study.
Students seeking FWS jobs should print/screenshot a copy of their Financial Aid Award Page, which contains the Federal Work Study award as proof of FWS eligibility. To locate your Financial Aid Award Page, go to https://one.uf.edu/financialaid/aidyear. Please contact Student Financial Aid if you have any questions regarding your eligibility.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend