The Department of Surgery is seeking qualified applicants that will support the Office Manager of Acute Care Surgery within the Department of Surgery. This position will assist the Office Manager with coordinating the administrative activities within the Division of Acute Care Service Surgery (ACS) - Critical Care Service. This position will also serve as the primary point of contact for the Medical Director and Associate Medical Director of the Surgical Intensive Care Units, the Program Director for the Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program, and the Program Director for the Acute Care Surgery Fellowship Program.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Schedule all Surgical Critical Care (SCC) appointments and meetings by preparing and circulating agendas and appropriate supplemental materials in advance.
- Provide administrative support for SCC meetings, which includes notifying presenters, sending meeting notifications, agenda preparation, minutes, and arranging any audiovisual needs. Attends meetings and records minutes for dissemination.
- Help coordinate Critical Care Medicine (CCM) Advanced Practice Provider (APP) hiring, on-boarding orientation and clinical privileges.
- Provides licensure reimbursements for advanced practitioners, ensuring appropriate funding sources are available and utilized, and reimbursements are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete MyTraining authorship course, and maintain competency in the use of Storyline, which is used to build MyTraining education modules.
- Maintains ICU website and SCC, Trauma & Acute Care Surgery Resources Bridge page by ensuring maintenance of pertinent information, arranging in a user-friendly fashion, and granting membership to appropriate individuals. Seeks out ways to improve design for ultimate efficiency.
- Responsible for proofing, typing and distributing monthly call schedules for both HVN and south tower ICUs before beginning of the rotation and updates, as needed.
- Ensures up-to-date schedules are posted on Bridge page. Collects Surgical Critical Care faculty’s availability, helps identify coverage for scheduling conflicts, and informs Director of anticipated scheduling concerns well in advance.
- Works as a liaison with other departments and APP schedulers to determine resident, fellow, APP, and faculty coverage based on rotation schedules and off/vacation/meeting requests. Proactively identifies gaps and conflicts in ICU scheduling, and works with SCC Medical Director, Associate Medical Directors and supervisor to resolve issues.
- Assists Fellowship Coordinator with accurate tracking of competencies for procedures, meeting attendance, and clinical scheduling of fellows. Provides travel assistance and reimbursement of other professional expenses to SCC fellows in line with departmental guidelines. Completes travel requests and associated reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between faculty members and committee memberships on a local, state, national and international level. Arranges meetings, obtains, organizes and files relevant literature and distributes to committee members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please upload, a cover letter or letter of interest, your most recent resume, and three professional references.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.