Federal Work Study - Career Ambassador (Career Connections Center)
Job no: 514138
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Other, Student Affairs/Services
Department:04040000 - SA-CAREER CONNECTIONS CENTER
STU AST - NON CLERICAL & ADMIN
All Career Ambassadors are responsible for:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to the following areas: phone, front desks, Express Drop-Ins, appointments, and referring students, staff, faculty and employers to appropriate services
- Review resumes, cover letter, CVs, LinkedIn profiles and personal statements
- Coach students in interview strategies, professional dress and conducting mock interviews
- Convey constructive and empowering feedback to inspire students' professional growth
- Provide one-on-one assistance and career information to students and alumni
- Facilitate career development outreach presentations to classrooms and student organizations, topics ranging from resume development to career design
- Perform administrative duties including logging student information, developing resources, and other projects
- Attend monthly professional development training and supervisory coaching sessions
- Check career center email regularly and respond promptly
- Assist with Career Showcase and other career center events
- Uphold career center values in all areas of work
- Assisting in managing the daily operations of the Molm Family Gator Career Closet, which includes but is not limited to customer interaction, inventory management, data processing, and maintaining a clean and friendly work environment.
Career Connections Center Values
- We advocate for all aspects of diversity
- We actively foster community
- We work through challenges and embrace the uncomfortable
- We empower professional growth and personal care
- We are driven to make a purposeful impact
- We carry a spirit of creativity and innovation
- We play!
The Career Connections Center is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The Career Ambassador would work approximately 10-12 hours per week. Employees will be expected to work in the career center during regular business hours. Employees that desire to work in the Molm Family Gator Career Closet must have availability between the hours of 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. During the fall and spring semesters students will be required to work between the hours of 7:30 am – 9:00pm and on select weekends to assist with special events such as Career Showcase and outreach presentations as needed and depending on your team assignment.
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
This is a paid position - hourly, starting at minimum wage.
- Make a two-semester commitment to the career center
- Be available to attend monthly in-services and training meetings throughout each semester
- Commit to working a minimum of 12 hours a week
- Excellent computer skills
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for public speaking
- Exceptional customer service delivery
- Desire to help others
- Commitment to punctuality
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time
- Openness for learning
- Commitment to teamwork and sharing of tasks
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete and upload the following information in a separate document, completing the Personal Information and Short Answer. The application will take about 1 hour to complete. The application includes demographic information and 3 short-answer questions.
If offered a position, a mandatory training and orientation will be held the week before the Fall 2020 semester begins. More details to come.
Application Part 1: Personal Information
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Phone Number:
- Gainesville Address:
- UF Email:
- Anticipated Graduation Date (Semester and Year):
- How did you hear about this position:
Please complete the following short-answer questions. Responses should be no longer than 250 words each.
- How have your past experiences prepared you to be a Career Ambassador and/or Student Assistant for the career center?
- What skills and personal qualities do you hope to bring to the Career Ambassador team and the Career Connections Center?
- Why do you want to be a Career Ambassador and/or work with the Career Connections Center?
This position is open to all students including those with Federal Work Study as part of their financial aid package.
* Students seeking FWS employment should print/screenshot a copy of their Financial Aid Award Page, which contains the Federal Work Study award as proof of FWS eligibility. To locate your Financial Aid Award Page, go to https://one.uf.edu/financialaid/aidyear
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend