Study Abroad Advisor
Job no: 511587
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Student Affairs/Services
Department:20010000 - IP-INTERNATIONAL CENTER-GEN
||Study Abroad Advisor
The Study Abroad Advisor advises students on curriculum, credit transfer, costs, financial aid and benefits of study abroad programs in the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. This position verifies application data, participates in outreach events (preview, study abroad fair, info sessions, pre-departure orientation and re-entry); and processes transcripts for returning students. The successful candidate works with faculty members and serves as a liaison between the International Center and other overseas institutions. This position Facilitates students’ interaction with administrative offices such as Student Financial Services, Registrar’s office, Housing, etc.
Specific duties include:
- Advising University of Florida (UF) students about selected study abroad programs individually and in groups. Responsible for specific programs/countries (as assigned).
- Administering UF-approved study abroad programs (as assigned).
- Following established UFIC protocols related to application data input, the application process, and transcript processing.
- Coordinating study abroad programs with faculty directors, as well as academic administrative offices at UF.
- Conducting program specific pre-departure sessions.
- Acting as a liaison for assigned programs between UFIC and overseas institutions, US study abroad providers and educational institutions.
- Conducting/assisting in pre-departure orientations, info sessions, campus recruitment, study abroad publicity and other outreach activities.
- Special Projects as assigned.
$16.28 - $17.52 hourly
Bachelor's degree and experience living, working, or studying abroad.
- Master’s degree in International Education, Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs or related field.
- Two years appropriate experience in higher education or an education abroad setting.
- Knowledge of a second language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
|SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
||This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend