Call Center Agent I
Job no: 510402
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:28319000 - VM-SAH CUSTOMER SERVICE
Call Center Agent I (CARE)
The Small Animal Hospital prides itself on providing exceptional customer service. The Client Services Representative is a key role within our hospital. The candidate will serve as the primary contact for clients and referring veterinarians in our call center. The candidate is expected to build and maintain a beneficial hospital-client relationship. This position will be responsible for answering all incoming calls regarding our many specialty and emergency services.
This is a full-time position. The shift will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday (may be subject to change). Training hours will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining multiple appointment schedules for both our doctors and our clients. Other job duties may include (but are not limited to): Client and patient registration, medical records, invoice review, and payment collection. The candidate will be required to successfully educate clients on the wide variety of services offered by the hospital.
- This position requires a composed and sincere individual who can fulfill the job duties even under stressful conditions.
- The individual must demonstrate a high degree of competence in the following skills: interpersonal, public relations, and communications.
- The ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate problem-solving initiative, confidence in handling client interactions, and aptitude in building and maintaining a client base.
- A professional manner is required at all times.
Starting salary is $13.00 to $14.00 per hour; commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience.
Previous veterinary experience is preferred (knowledge of veterinary medical terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems). The individual will work with doctors, clients, and staff and must be able to develop friendly, professional relationships and maintain a positive attitude throughout all interactions. He or she must also possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed while at the same time remaining calm and professional.
- Experience with veterinary medicine in a general practice environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills. Specifically, verbal proficiency (telephone and person-to-person) and above average literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to the success of the position.
- Effective computer skills
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and problem solve
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Knowledge of medical terminology and veterinary medicine
- Ability to work well within a team and perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Health screening to include vaccinations required.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
For consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend