ProForest Coordinator and Communicator
Job no: 510257
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:60460000 - AG-SCHL-FOREST RES / CONSERV
Research Coordinator III
- Strategic Development of communications programs and relationship-building on behalf of the current and future UF/IFAS programs related to Forest Health. Work closely with a team of UF/IFAS faculty and staff to develop and promote internationally-recognized research and outreach brand addressing global threats to forest health. Facilitate the UF-IFAS Forest Health program’s relationship-building with stakeholders on issues related to threats to forests. Significant efforts may include planning and executing targeted communication campaigns, promoting relevant faculty member programs and collaborative programs; coordinating research and outreach workshops to stakeholders.
- Program Development: work with ProForest members to define ProForest’s mission, design specific, achievable goals and follow a strategic roadmap towards them. Facilitate collaborative prioritization, program planning and execution among UF/IFAS faculty related to forest health. Mediate stakeholder requests for data or cooperation; facilitate the multi-disciplinary, multi-team efforts of UF students, staff, faculty, and others to collect, analyze and communicate forest health-related data, and translated findings to stakeholder groups.
- Coordinating or leading efforts to secure extramural funding from diverse sources to support the multiple missions of ProForest, e.g., education, outreach and extension, or research. In collaboration with Principal Investigators, seek funding to support the staff person’s own work.
- Other duties as assigned. Other duties will be assigned based on the needs of the unit and in consultation with UF/IFAS faculty and staff working in the area of global threats to forest health.
$50,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering communications programs in a science field.
Training and experience (>3 years) with policy, behavior, economics or education related to natural resources
Experience working on research or outreach programs related to forest health.
Experience collaborating with media, government agencies, or researchers.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your CV, letter of intent, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with contact information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend