As a Center Grants Administrator you will be responsible for all pre-award grants preparation and post-award monitoring and compliance of all of externally sponsored research projects being administrated by the UFHCC. You will serve as liaison between the Center and other relevant partners throughout the University as well as sponsoring agencies and partnering organizations. In the execution of your duties, you will work closely with the Research Administration Manager and the Associate Director for Administration to administratively manage the intramural funding mechanisms and awards sponsored by the UFHCC and oversee the Center’s collaborative funding initiatives, to include adherence to sponsor and/or UF internal guidelines for pre-award research management and financial analysis, project administration, and reporting requirements for post-award management. In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
Grants Administration & Awards Management:
Under the guidance and direction of the Research Administration Manager and in close collaboration with the Associate Directors for Basic Sciences and Administration you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the UFHCC grants program. This will include developing and monitoring Center procedures and workflows for grants administration as well as for providing recommendations for continuous improvement to processes, procedures, and SOP to the Research Administration Manager and Leadership, as needed. You will manage all intramural funding mechanisms including Interdisciplinary, Collaborative Team, and Multi-Institutional Pilot Projects, Clinical Trial Concepts, and Multi-Investigator Awards including development and revision of guidelines and application materials, distribution of announcements, management of the application process, oversight of the review process, and notification of awardee(s) as well as management of the post-award follow-up process and Multi-Investigator Awards reporting requirements.
As part of these processes you will coordinate with UFHCC Finance to ensure mechanisms and funds are in place prior to each round of announcements and to initiate distribution of awards. You will also be responsible for distributing Requests for Applications (RFA(s)) to Center membership and will oversee the collection of submissions. As part of the process you will guides and provide expert assistance in the preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements and will review and administratively approve completed applications for accuracy and compliance with University and sponsor requirements. Following you will assume primary responsibility for assigned proposals, for the assembly and collation of institutionally required paperwork and other administrative requirements for the submission of all federal and non-federal grants and contracts; and, to the extent required at the time of proposal submission, compliance information.
Once awarded, you will monitor the total yearly budget for all intramural projects and provides reports to Leadership as necessary. On a monthly basis, you will ensure that expenditures are within budget and meet the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and policies of the sponsors, and that documentation for expenses is available. You will also coordinate and document monthly meetings with Principal Investigators to review grants activity and initiate remedial actions as a result of meetings, per PI requests to insure proper adherence to pertinent regulations and will also assist in ensuring that effort reported is accurate and coordinate these activities with management. At the end of the project you will also initiate post-award management activities with funding recipients to determine the outcome of funded projects. Using this data, you will provide ROI analyses to Leadership and awardees as appropriate.
Throughout you will maintain relevant records in database systems, providing regular and ad hoc reports to UFHCC Leadership, as required on the status of the grants program. Analyzes financial activity for all UFHCC-managed sponsored basic and translational research accounts and directs staff in the preparation of appropriate monthly expenditure reports, notifying PIs and the Research Administration Manager, of any potential problems. Responds to inquiries from sponsors, DSP, C&G, PIs, and management in a timely manner, delegating work assignments as appropriate. Compiles bi-weekly funding announcements from various funding agencies, both internal and external, to send out to UFHCC research members.
You will be responsible for providing administrative management for the submission of complex grant mechanism submissions that span multiple Colleges, Institutes, and Centers and participate in the compilation of data on unit-wide research funding for faculty grant submission, as requested. Additionally, you will have an active role on the research administration team to analyze and report UFHCC research data metrics essential for NCI reporting requirements. This will include maintaining and updating member biosketches, working with the team to analyze and fulfill data requests from internal and external entities, and designing and conducting surveys to produce cohesive, accurate and comprehensible reports. You will also be responsible for providing high-level assistance to Program Leaders in support of their responsibilities related to cancer research.
In support of the Center’s research programs you will be responsible for coordinating fiscal activities, particularly for purchases and transactions for projects funded by UFHCC pilot funds and other grants. This will include procuring goods and services as needed, verifying budget availability and supporting documentation, maintaining adherence with approved research program allocation, reviewing monthly project ledgers for salary distributions and accuracy of expenses incurred. You will also monitor the programmatic and administrative aspects of subcontracts and follow-up with PIs on all outstanding invoicing to assure successful progress of the research project, working with PIs to ensure that spending is appropriated to the correct accounts on all assigned grants. You will also establish and monitor project deadlines and provide expert guidance with the coordination and submission of quarterly/annual project reports.
Cancer Center Administrative Support:
In the course of your duties you will also provide a variety of high-level administrative workflow duties in support of the UFHCC mission and vision of achieving and maintaining NCI-designation. As an integral member of the Research Administration team, you will manage the daily work flow of the unit and will maintain SOPs related to the Office of Research Administration. You will also actively participate in senior leadership and UFHCC-wide meetings, seminars, and conferences to include the annual Research Day Symposium, annual External Advisory Board meetings, NCI Site Visits, and other ad hoc special meetings.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Bachelor's in Health Administration, Business Administration, or related subject and three to four years of grants financial administration and/or management or related experience;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and University policies and regulations regarding receipt and administration of grants and contracts;
- Working knowledge and understanding of programs and processes of primary granting agencies to include (but not limited to), NIH and other federal, state and private foundation regulations and requirements, as well as corporate and private sponsors;
- Experience with and understanding of financial management as well as pre- and post-award procedures and processes in a large and highly complex organization;
- Familiarity with grants accounting and administration within an academic environment, with preference given to experience at the University of Florida;
- Significant experience in office workflow management at a senior level with excellent organizational skills and the ability to change priorities quickly and often with little or no disruption to operations;
- Experience with planning, executing and evaluating programs, meetings and conferences successfully, including project management to include: developing project budgets; vendor selection; site selection; and, contracting;
- Ability to successfully work independently, interact professionally, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Proficient time management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities;
- Experience working with complex databases and in providing high-level, complex reports;
- Experience developing and maintaining presentations and executive correspondences;
- Ability to gather, organize and maintain data and a proficiency in graphing, data-entry, spreadsheet, presentation software and other technical applications;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment, with demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision and ability to work toward common goals as part of a larger administrative team;
- UF financial security clearance and ability to obtain a UF purchasing card required.