Student Financial Aid Coordinator III
Job no: 509625
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Student Affairs/Services
Department:06010000 - EM-SFA ADMINISTRATION
Student Financial Aid CRD III
The Financial Aid Coordinator III position is in the Office for Student Financial Affairs (SFA) which is part of the Division of Enrollment Management. This position is responsible for the supervision of four full-time staff members. The state programs area is responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of policies and procedures related to the awarding of state program to all undergraduate and select populations of graduate students. The candidate selected for this position must possess a good working knowledge of regulations and policies governing federal, state, and institutional aid programs and processes in addition to having excellent communication, customer service, organizational, and leadership skills.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation, direction, maintenance, and control of all automated systems for the state of Florida programs.
- Responsible for policy interpretation and implementations; eligibility criteria determination; recipient selection procedures fiscal controls; and reporting and analysis requirements.
- Also responsible for the formulation and dissemination of policy and procedures pertinent to state programs.
- Responsible for managing four financial aid Coordinator II’s who handle all aspects of financial aid, governing awarding, funds management and reconciliation of the Machen Florida Opportunity Scholarship, university-wide student employment, and SFA scholarships.
- Works with the State of Florida financial aid programs, and auditing of financial aid applicants for over 49,000 aid applicants.
- Assists with all aspects of reporting and reconciling with all state agencies in regard to state programs.
- Responsible for designing and updating forms, letters, input documents, etc., for both internal and external use.
- Travel in relation to financial aid presentations, professional development workshops, etc.
$45,000.00 annually; commensurate with experience and education
Masters or bachelors degree and two years of relevant experience.
Student financial aid experience preferred as well as personal computer knowledge. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, and leadership skills. Knowledge of rules and regulations governing financial aid programs. Ability to exercise responsible professional judgment in evaluating unique circumstances. Knowledge and ability to use word processing, software.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must upload the following documents to be considered for the position:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend