OPS Human Resources Assistant
Job no: 508966
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources
Department:32010700 - PH-SHARED SERVICE CENTER
OPS Human Resources Assistant
The College of Pharmacy Shared Service Center team is looking for an OPS Human Resources Assistant to provide HR support for 30-40 hours per week. This individual will primarily be responsible for processing college-wide leave requests, leave reconciliations, and serving as a backup to the HR team for payroll and personnel functions. The position will prepare visa applications and extensions for current and prospective employees and visiting scholars. This position will work closely with other members of the SSC HR team to ensure that appointments and personnel are appointed in a timely manner and that adequate funding is available.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Leave Slips – The incumbent in this position will monitor leave requests daily and ensure they are approved and reported accurately on employee time sheets. This position will also be responsible for monitoring leave reports.
- Payroll Processing – Functions as backup to SSC HR team with regard to time reporting exceptions and approval list, payroll reports, distributions, wage refunds, off-cycle checks, notifying employees and supervisors of approval deadlines.
- Training compliance tracking - The incumbent will be responsible for serving as a backup for monitoring training compliance which includes running training reports and notifying employees about training renewals as appropriate.
- Appointment Processing - Responsible for entering and adjusting all employee appointments in the personnel/payroll system. This includes hiring, job edits, and terminations.
- Website maintenance – Responsible for maintaining up to date email distribution lists and website maintenance including employee directory updates.
- Visa Processing – Responsible for preparing electronic J-1 visa applications for visiting interns and scholars. Works closely with the employee, prospective employee or visitor to prepare paperwork, verifies necessary wage information, posts notifications as required to successfully apply for and obtain appropriate visa type for employee/visitor and spouse/dependents. Provides information regarding processing fees, provides visa recommendations based on employment type and duration, and acts as liaison between employee, supervisor and UFIC and ICS.
- File Maintenance - Maintains all employee files of personnel related information.
Miscellaneous duties as needed to provide support to the Shared Service Center HR Team for 30-40 hours a week. More hours may be available during peak periods.
$15- $17 per hour; commensurate with education and experience
High school diploma and two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word experience.
- HR Experience is a plus, but not required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is located at the East Campus location on Waldo Road.
For consideration, candidates must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a part-time, time-limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend