Assistant Director of Development
Job no: 508957
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:50010000 - AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
AST DIR, Development
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Assistant Director of Development will be focused on qualifying and soliciting leadership annual giving prospects ($1,000-$10,000). The incumbent will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors by engaging prospects through a variety of mediums (face-to-face, phone or in writing). He or she will may also be assigned special projects that facilitate leadership annual giving and pipeline development, such as visit scheduling and gift planning. Additionally, the Assistant Director of Development will periodically be tasked with special fundraising projects in particular areas, such as parents or student affairs. The Assistant Director of Development will also work closely with the Office of Gift Planning to support their lead generation and prospect discovery/qualification processes.
Solicitation and Qualification
- Work a portfolio of annual giving prospects and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits and bring gift solicitations to closure.
- Conduct a high volume of solicitation/qualification visits.
- Actively solicit, cultivate, qualify and hand-off prospects in accordance with their interests, capacity, and propensity.
- Work proactively with unit partners to ensure successful prospect and pipeline management.
- Identify new sources of support for individual giving; work with all Advancement fundraising staff to coordinate the solicitation of new prospects and the upgrade of current donors who have the potential to increase their annual giving.
- Responsible for effective prospect tracking, record keeping, reporting and administration aligned with the metrics and reporting from UFA/UFF.
Liaison to Special Audiences
- Work with unit partners as assigned to identify, qualify, and solicit prospects in special project areas as assigned. Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices.
- Responsible for coordinating/assisting donor stewardship programs for leadership annual giving prospects.
- Maintain and create records of donations to ensure that donors receive proper recognition and documentation for their gifts including thank you and stewardship.
- Draft correspondence to donors, and prospects.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum one year of fundraising, development, sales or related experience.
- Prior experience in a university or nonprofit environment.
- Prior experience in advertising and marketing.
- General knowledge and understanding of business/economic environment.
- Understanding of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
- Demonstrated successful experience in prospect identification, relationship building, solicitation and stewardship.
- Ability to work both independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities and cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license and good driving record are essential.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend