Computer Operator I
Job no: 508956
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:27010712 - HA-IT DATA CENTER
Computer Operator I
- Monitors the status and operations of computing and networking systems.
- Monitors console systems and peripheral equipment
- Monitors the status and operations of data center infrastructure.
- Conducts routine inspections on equipment and reports any abnormalities.
- Follows documented procedures in dealing with production incidents of these processes.
- Assists with monitoring all new or surplus equipment.
- May assist with the asset management of IT equipment
- Answer After-hours help desk calls
- Participate as directed in DARP events and drills
- Must be able to lift and manipulate equipment up to 50 pounds for the purpose of assembling systems and performing maintenance. Must be able to get on the floor and work under desks or tables, and in tight areas behind equipment.
Associate's degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
In addition to excellent written and interpersonal skills, must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of desktop, server, and personal device hardware, software, and peripherals
- Microsoft or networking knowledge
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Advanced Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, or database development
- Familiarity with healthcare information systems
- Project management methodology
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, American English) are required
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies (e.g. PC desktop common applications, internet and distant learning techniques)
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is open to current UF employees only.
Hours are Saturday through Wednesday –7AM – 3:30PM. It is possible that hours may vary due to circumstances, such as equipment or software casualties, or inclement weather.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend