Directly responsible to the Department of Housing & Residence Education (H&RE) Asset Manager and indirectly to the Assistant Director for Procurement. Assist with coordination of property management, unloading deliveries, and receiving/disbursing supplies. Process inventory, transfer, survey, and complete lost/theft reports. Maintain property management records. Assist with completing Housing’s accountable property and expense property inventories. Has working knowledge of property management procedures. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of staff, both verbally and in writing. Assume supervisory position for the asset area in the absence of the Asset Manager.
- Assist Asset Manager with the physical inventory of H&RE's accountable property and equipment. Maintain all accountable inventory records. Receive and assign property numbers and decals to accountable equipment. Recommend and implement operating policies, procedures, and tracking systems. Deliver new property inventory items. Escort and assist University of Florida (UF) and State of Florida auditors. Operate UF vehicle(s) and a one-ton truck.
- Assume supervisory position for the asset area in the absence of the Asset Manager. Assist supervisor with monitoring completion of property management tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures. Assist supervisor with staff training and resolving property management issues. Coordinate and assist unloading of delivery trucks. Load, unload, remove, and install furniture, equipment, and supplies. Assist delivering furniture to H&RE’s Furniture Shop, offices, and residence hall areas. Process furniture work order requests.
- Coordinate weekly receiving and disbursing of custodial services containerized chemicals and miscellaneous supplies. Assist disbursing other departmental supplies and equipment.
- Maintain Housing Expensed Property Inventory System. Assist with physical inventory of department equipment and other accountable assets. Compile and maintain inventory data and prepare reports.
- Assist with set-up for special events by coordinating the delivery of needed items for various Housing functions, including (but not limited to) the delivery of items such as tables, chairs, risers, grills, linens for summer conferences, tripling/de-tripling beds in rooms for fall opening, and staff apartment setups, and assist with other types of activities.
- Assist with processing Report of Transfer between H&RE and UF. Arrange for the disposal of surplus property. Prepare Lost and Theft reports and other departmental and university reports. Assist with proper disposal of inventory property according to state and UF guidelines.
- Maintain neat and orderly departmental storage areas. Maintain knowledge of availability of usable furniture and equipment.
- Use computer daily to keep a detailed description of all work duties and projects, retrieve work orders, close out work orders, and record hours worked on the employee time record.