1) Planning, performing and modifying (as needed) of physiological, biochemical and molecular-based experiments. Collect samples from the field or green house and perform analysis, photography, molecular biology technique
2) Data analysis on the next generation sequencing.
3) Participating in general laboratory experiments including molecular cloning and plant genotyping.
4) Growing plants on soil, preparing soil, planting seeds. Growing wild plants for transformation.
5) Helping with preparation of papers and proposals
6) Ordering supplies and equipment
7) Assisting/training students, postdoctoral associates and other researchers with research procedures and the proper use of instruments
8) Handling EH&S surveys, monitoring and supervising safety compliance
9) Keeping inventory of chemicals, consumables, and equipment
Must be able to lift plants and boxes of plant samples, lift and carry bins of autoclaved materials, work in a greenhouse, and sit or stand at a lab bench as needed.
The position requires excellent organizational skills to plan, organize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects, and the ability to work independently.
The position requires meticulous attention to detail in order to keep accurate records related to the conduct of research and supervision of the laboratory.
The position requires effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
The position requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, and to organize and effectively manage subordinates.