Fiscal Assistant II
Job no: 508892
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29210000 - MD-OTOLARYNGOLOGY
Fiscal Assistant II
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking an individual with a strong background in fiscal support with the desire to learn grants administration and payroll timekeeping. Duties include:
- Purchasing - Responsible for all purchasing using myUF Market, Pcards and direct purchases as listed in Purchasing directives. This includes general supplies, printed material, lab supplies, non-recurring purchases, etc. Additionally, this position will maintain inventory of office supplies and printed materials such as business cards.
- Accounts Payable - Responsible for ensuring prompt and accurate payment to outside vendors and other UF departments (i.e. phone, postage, etc). Payment processing includes Pcard reconciling, myUF payment solutions, FCPA payment vouchers and other methods of payment.
- Travel & Expense - This position will submit travel and expense reimbursements for staff and faculty as needed. This position will assist administrative support staff and review travel expense reimbursements to ensure accuracy prior to approval by supervisor.
- Financial Record keeping - Maintain fiscal electronic and paper files which include expense reports, invoices, pcards and UF Interdepartmental invoices. Upload and edit transactions into the department shadow accounting system.
- Reconciling and Reporting - Balance ledgers and provide monthly reports to faculty, administrator and finance manager. Provide ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Backup Payroll Timekeeper - Act as backup payroll timekeeper which includes verifying and/or approving time reported and posting faculty leave.
- Grants Administration - Assist finance manager with grant administration, including reviewing proposal budgets, submitting grant proposals, submitting contracts for review and signature, and ensuring expenditures are appropriately charged to projects.
- Miscellaneous - other tasks including daily mail run, work front desk in clinic on an as needed basis, help cover phones, and other duties as assigned.
$15.00 - $16.50/hour
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financial Applications
- Knowledge of University of Florida policies and procedures
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office Products; especially Outlook and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Ability to be detailed, organized, accurate and confidential with work assignments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with faculty, residents and staff.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with central UF departments and Vendors.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend