End User Computing Spec 2
Job no: 508691
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:27010701 - HA-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
End User Computing Spec 2
1. End User Computer Support
Provides Tier-2 hardware and operating system support for end user computing equipment including workstations, printers, scanners, and mobile devices. May also include specialty computing devices which interface with clinical or research equipment .
2. Enterprise Services Support
Provides Tier-1 support for telephony, network, and audio-visual devices or services. Support includes standard configuration and/or troubleshooting steps as documented in process documentation and the knowledgebase. Escalates unresolved incidents to the appropriate Tier-2 support team.
3. Application Support
Provides Tier-2 support for enterprise and unit level applications which support clinical, educational, research, and administrative functions. Support includes client installation and configuration, basic functionality troubleshooting, and assistance with application features or interfaces.
4. Systems Support
Performs break/fix functions for desktops, laptops, printers and other devices.
Documents all work and processes in service management systems, performs initial hardware and software setup and reimages production systems; provides customers guidance and instruction on the use of hardware and software. Contributes to the improvement of workflow processes, knowledge support systems, and IT provided services through active participation in team meetings. Participates in technical and customer service training initiatives and inter-team technical projects as directed.
Associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Windows and/or Mac OS X operating systems, network troubleshooting (LAN/wireless), and performing hardware diagnostics and repair.
- Experience with supporting enterprise environments (10,000+ devices) and/or supporting academic health centers / clinical care;
- Working knowledge of common administrative, educational and research applications and services and familiarity with service management industry best practices is strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a strong customer-centric service orientation and excellent troubleshooting, communication, organizational and collaboration skills. Discretion, sound judgment, confidentiality, initiative, and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend