Academic Program Spec III
Job no: 508403
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Education/Instructional
Department:02070000 - PV-UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
Academic Program Specialist III
The Office of Undergraduate Affairs assists in the creation of nurturing, transformative, and model on-campus and virtual learning environments for all undergraduate students through an effective and genuine balance between liberal education and professional preparation. The Office of Undergraduate Affairs (OUA) collaborates with the campus community to ensure this goal is a collective one in common pursuit of dynamic undergraduate learning experiences through establishment and maintenance of high standards for undergraduate curriculum in support the mission of the Office of the Provost and the University of Florida. To this end, staff in the Office of Undergraduate Affairs support university committees engaged in development of curricula, oversee interdisciplinary curricula and programs, and monitor undergraduate degree requirements with the aim of maintaining connection and communication with administration, faculty, staff, and students; improving student persistence; furthering the university’s preeminence goals; and, ultimately, serving the undergraduate student.
The individual in this position works closely with the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs (APUA), as well as the Director and Assistant Director of Academic Support Services in the OUA. Their primary responsibilities include: (1) maintaining undergraduate and professional degree audits in line with catalog year requirements for majors, minors, and certificates, (2) coordinating with the Assistant Director of Academic Support Services to prepare meeting agenda, minutes, and calendars for the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) and the General Education Committee (GEC), including meetings and subcommittee activities; (3) provide data support based upon degree audit and student records data and for annual Board of Governors reports for degree recipients; (4) assisting the management team for the OUA in the interpretation and implementation of university policies, regulations, and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations; (5) developing and sustaining assessment protocols for OUA programs aimed at improving the undergraduate experience and facilitating timely graduation; (6) handling all manner of inquiries from individuals and agencies external to the university on behalf of the OUA.
$70,000 - $75,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in program assessment
- Ability and desire to learn new data-related software tools
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative forms of educational research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Database query and processing experience (e.g. SAS, SQL, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Access
- Understanding of student-related data
- Strong desire to grow professionally and to foster a collegial work environment
- Professionalism when interacting with individuals at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, strong editing skills
- Pro-active with deadlines
- Excellent attendance
- Comfortable editing web sites
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive records with discretion in full compliance with FERPA regulations
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend