OPS Research Assistant
Job no: 508258
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:31030000 - NR-BNS-BIOBEHAVORIAL NUR SCI
OPS Research Assistant
This position services as an OPS Research Assistant for the College of Nursing to recruit and enroll subjects in research projects. The individual will be under the direction of the Principal Investigator and work closely with the Grant Specialist. The recruiting activities may include, but are not limited to, attending case conferences for relevant populations, designing and distributing recruiting materials, discussing study details with physicians and other healthcare providers, and talking directly to potential subjects for recruiting purposes. This position will assist in running research protocols for assigned studies including cognitive, neuroimaging, and psycho-physiological methods.
Other duties will include:
- Score and code study related data for statistical analysis, working with the faculty involved in the assigned studies. Performs some statistical tests. Assists with manuscripts and grant proposals.
- Maintain IRB materials for assigned studies.
- Participate in other research activities as needed; perform surveys and measures with research participants, make appointments for study visits.
- Assist faculty in a variety of issues concerning laboratory activities, laboratory and office supplies, equipment, appointments and scheduling. Complies with institutional policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines. Must comply with federal, state and sponsor policies.
- Reconcile invoices, assist with editing, filing, keeping research data, ordering, etc.
- With direction from the assigned Principal Investigators and Grant Specialist, collect and compile data for grant proposals, development and submission. Maintain and organize the documentation for administrative and financial management of grants and studies.
- May serve as liaison between program/service office and outside agencies and the general public. Acts as liaison for research sponsors and research participants.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area, strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office and general internet and electronic communications, readiness to meet and work directly with clients
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-oriented; ability to take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress without direct supervision
- Clear and articulated verbal and written communications skills
- Capacity and will to learn new software, research methods, and work routines quickly; flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise
- Motivation to engage in and manage a wide range of intellectual and physical work, ranging from preparing mass mailings to analyzing proposed data-collection designs
- Ability to share responsibilities and rewards with a team of coworkers, including off-campus clients and UF faculty, staff, and fellow students
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a cover letter, CV or Resume, and a list of references.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend