Veterinary Histology Lab Assistant
Job no: 508003
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28334000 - VM-ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY
Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Assistant (CARE)
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready and maintains lab cleanliness by properly removing biohazard waste and disinfecting bench tops.
- Maintains lab glassware.
- Prepare chemical solutions.
- Maintains up to date filing system by scanning completed requisitions.
- Manage block and slide archive.
- Manually enter results, post results, QC entries.
- Responsible for shipping samples to various facilities.
$11.00-$12.00 per hour; commensurate with education and experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience, including six months in a laboratory setting.
- Must possess the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, coworkers, students, residents and clients.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs and work in an environment with hazardous chemicals.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude at work.
- Able to take instructions from multiple people.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend