End User Computing Specialist I
Job no: 507967
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:14200800 - IT-AT LEARNING SPACES SUPPORT
End User Computing Specialist I
UF Information Technology is seeking an individual to provide technical support for University Classrooms and Maintaining University classrooms
The individual in this position is responsible for providing
- Technical support for University classrooms and maintaining University classrooms.
- First and second tier technical support for instructors using classroom technology,
- Including both computer and audio/visual equipment in University classrooms.
Regular morning shifts Monday – Friday (7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) with occasional weekend and day shifts as needed for maintenance or to handle special events on campus.
Academic Technology (AT) creates and manages flexible IT services that enable the university to respond to the dynamic requirements of its academic mission, programs, and stakeholders. The AT staff provide consulting expertise, resources, technical support, and the equipment that powers the teaching and learning environment at the University of Florida.
$16.63 per hour, commensurate with qualification and experience.
In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Associate's degree; or a high school diploma and two years of appropriate experience.
- Familiar with configuring and maintaining enterprise applications used to support the desktop environment.
- Strong background and knowledge in testing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and installing a wide variety of audiovisual equipment.
- Must be able to move, transport, install, and remove computer and AV equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable with climbing ladders and working with basic power and hand tools.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively, with a strong work ethic and high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows, OSX, Microsoft Office products, scripting, installs and removals, registry, command line, system file permissions, Helpdesk ticketing system, system management tools, backing up and imaging workstations.
- Technical knowledge of the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting process for software, hardware, end-user networking and peripheral equipment in a networked environment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload:
Valid driver's license is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend