Admissions Officer I
Job no: 507959
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Student Affairs/Services
Department:52040000 - DC-EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
Admissions Officer I
UF Distance & Continuing Education is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join our Distance Education Service Center's (DESC) communications team. Distance & Continuing Education supports the University's mission of expanding access to UF by providing proactive services and coordinating resources for developing and administering distance learning courses and programs.The Admissions Officer will manage the recruitment and retention for partnering certificate and degree programs, coordinate successful communication strategies, and manage processes and workflows to ensure students receive a rewarding experience with the University of Florida.
Program Recruitment & Retention:
- Understands and executes enrollment and application management policies and procedures.
- Performs outbound communication and supports inbound communication to meet established benchmarks.
- Addresses students’ concerns regarding online courses/programs and ensures all prospective students receive the correct program information.
- Guides potential students through the registering and application process to make sure all components are completed in a timely manner by developing timelines along with structured follow-up.
- Works with admitted students to retain them in the program and assist with registering for their upcoming classes.
- Ensures all inquiries are promptly addressed.
- Assists with developing messaging for various marketing materials, press releases, articles, and stories on DESC-supported programs
- Creates and maintains frequently asked questions knowledge base and communication templates for student support representatives
- Provides suggestions for effective social media communication to highlight new and existing programs. Social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Managing Processes & Workflows:
- Recommends process improvements to the Communications Manager.
- Participates in on-going training to remain current on customer service, application and enrollment management functions, including process improvements, financial aid regulations, university and division policies, and state statutes.
- Utilizes reports and dashboards in Salesforce to quickly access and maintain data.
- Work on weekends and evenings may be required; some travel to client sites may be required.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
$35,000 - $40,000, negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- A basic understanding of social media platforms
- Experience developing and administering email campaigns
- Ability to contribute creative ideas and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of customer service
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while meeting respective deadlines
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume. This position is located on UF East Campus off Waldo Road.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend