Under the supervision and direction of the department Undergraduate and Graduate Coordinators, the incumbent will:
(1) Assist prospective undergraduate and graduate students with admissions processes and communicate with faculty about the status of prospective student interactions and admissions. Assist with student orientation programs. Coordinate enrollment of graduate students in departmental courses including EEP requests. Assist graduate students with residency procedures, program forms and requirements, examination forms, procedures for depositing theses and dissertations and completing degrees, committee meetings, and related procedures. Monitor graduate student progress and work with faculty on graduate student matters. Arrange logistics and prepare materials for Undergraduate and Graduate Committee meetings. Distribute notes to attendees.
(2) Coordinate graduate student recruitment efforts and represent the department at various local and off-campus recruitment events. Organize campus visits by graduate students. Work with graduate coordinator in maintaining prospective graduate student database. Coordinate department academic programs events. Assist with the scholarship award application and selection process.
(3) Serve as the department’s liaison to CALS and the Registrar on all undergraduate and graduate student matters. Submit/monitor new/revised course and curriculum requests. Recommend policies and procedures to the faculty Undergraduate and Graduate Coordinators in the department. Assist with SACS and BOG reports. Transmit student award applications. Assist the Undergraduate Coordinator in verifying student readiness for graduation. Distribute graduate satisfaction surveys.
(4) Provide updates on academic programs to the media specialist, eLearning specialist, and faculty for inclusion in electronic newsletters, website, and social media. Collaborate with department staff assigned to support online academic programs and courses. Create undergraduate and graduate enrollment reports each semester/term.
(5) Organize and maintain academic files, including approved course lists, course approval/revision forms, and related items. Collect and store electronic versions of non-thesis projects for department repository.
(6) Monitor textbook adoptions and ensure student expenses align with university policy. Schedule courses each semester/term and schedule course evaluations. Compete the Academic Activities Report.
(7) Is actively engaged as a member of the academic advisement community through participation in appropriate college and university-level organizations. Participates in monthly meetings with the AEC Marketing and Undergraduate Committees.