Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II
Job no: 507582
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28340000 - VM-OCALA CLINIC
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II (CARE)
The Small Animal Hospital is recruiting for an experienced Veterinary Technician for its Ocala Emergency Practice.
This position will act as an emergency technician and offers an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the Ocala Hospital. Thus, we are seeking an individual who has excellent nursing skills, an interest in working with other technicians and assisting with teaching residents and students in techniques and protocols. This individual should possess good communication skills. We are looking for an outgoing individual with a lot of initiative.
This individual will be involved with client communications, patient care, teaching veterinary students and technicians and communicating with referring veterinarians, Applicants should have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, anesthesia, emergency and critical care procedures, bandage techniques, and basic veterinary medicine.
This position requires a post-offer health exam.
$13.00-$15.00 per hour, commensurate with education and experience.
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician (CVT/LVT/RVT) with at least two years of experience in veterinary emergency medicine.
- Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program and/or certified veterinary technician
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing, especially critical care
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person) as well as good literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to success in this position
- Good computer skills
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of references.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 pm (EDT) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend