OPS Research Technician
Job no: 507513
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29030101 - MD-BIOCHEMISTRY-GENERAL
OPS Laboratory Technician
The Caglayan Lab in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is looking for an OPS Research Technician to conduct biochemical experiments on base excision DNA repair proteins and molecular experiments on yeast cell sensitivity assays to DNA damage inducing agents.
Duties will include:
- Conducting biochemical experiments on base excision DNA repair proteins and molecular experiments on yeast cell sensitivity assays to DNA damage inducing agents.
- Ordering laboratory supplies.
- Preparing for and responding to safety inspections.
- Managing general laboratory maintenance.
- Supervising undergraduate student workers.
- And, other related duties as needed.
The ideal candidate must also be able to: research literature relating to experiments; pay attention to detail and be precise; work flexible hours depending on specific experiments; compile and analyze data; and keep complete and precise records, including an up-to-date, organized, legible, and accurate laboratory notebook. Applicants must also possess excellent math skills, basic computer knowledge (PC and Mac; Microsoft Word and Excel), and an ability to interact and communicate well with others.
$14.00 - $17.00 per hour; commensurate with education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology, especially gene regulation.
- Previous research experience with protein overexpression and purification (GST- and His-tag); media and agar plate (LB, YPDA, etc) preparation.
- Candidates with strong previous experience in yeast cell growth and yeast genetics is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be genuinely interested in conducting basic research and receiving excellent training for further career advancement.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered please upload your resume, cover letter, and names of 3 professional references.
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend