OPS Admin Support Assistant II
Job no: 507247
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:11030000 - OR-PERSONNEL SERVICES
OPS Admin Support Assistant II
Personnel Department Activities
- Process Special Pay Increases; this entails calculating the percentage of increase, and monitoring the job action to ensure it is processed accurately.
- Maintaining the Leave applications binder and ensuring that the correct hours were submitted under the correct time reporting code
- Process annual and sick leave cash-outs for terminated/retired employees. Process off-cycle checks when authorized.
- Monitor payable time and leave entered to ensure that employees are paid accurately. Monitor leave balances and inform employees of the deadline for use of accrued compensatory time, unused personal holidays, and when they reach the maximum vacation hours prior to conversion to sick leave. Upon request by ADHR, provide supervisors the amount of leave taken by each employee under their supervision.
- Verify distributions on each of the Academic, TEAMS and Exempt USPS employees at the beginning of the fiscal year.
- Process TEAMS evaluation letters. Responsible for the completion and submission of Effort Reporting & FARs each semester.
- Receiving documents from departments under their supervision, obtaining approvals and signatures, maintaining track of documents and returning documents to proper personnel.
- Processing UFID and Gator1 requests, requesting UPP and UFIT work orders and maintaining associated spreadsheet
- Creating spreadsheets and any special tasks and projects assigned by the Assistant Director of Human Resources for Administrative Services
- Responsible for Space Reporting
- Maintaining the probationary appraisals spreadsheet, drafting up the appraisals and sending them to the respective supervisors. Responsible for processing probationary & annual appraisals.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the electronic directory, departmental addresses and phone lists when employees are hired or terminated.
- Responsible for posting vacant positions
- Processes appointments for Academic Personnel, TEAMS, Exempt USPS and OPS employees in the Office of Research and other units that report to the Office of Research. This entails the background check request, letter of offer, checking salary information for accuracy, payroll sign-up documentation (I-9, W4 etc,), and verifies the education credentials and experience for new employees.
- Assist new hires on the electronic on-line payroll processing system through Human Resource. This computer based program loads all of the HR forms (I-9, W4 etc,) for processing. Incumbent reviews all of the necessary information for hire.
Travel and Expense
- Responsible for completion and submission of Travel Authorizations and Expense Reports for the assigned Office of Research staff. Assigned departments include Research Program Development, Institutional Review Board, Contracts and Grants, Office of Clinical Research, in addition to Assistant Directors and Assistant Vice Presidents.
- Maintain knowledge of Travel and Expense policies and procedures to ensure proper compliance.
- Enters vouchers in the people-soft system for various Office of Research units as needed. Upon approval by the Vice President for Research, process moving expenses for new employees
- Processes Wireless Device Allowances for the Office of Research.
- Responsible for the proper use of PCard for department purchases and miscellaneous expenditures and follow mandatory UF procedures and requirements, this includes making authorized purchases of goods and services within preset limits on behalf of the University of Florida.
- Knowledgeable of the PCard procedures and regulations, ensuring that there is budget to cover purchases, Monitor PCard activity, review PCard reports in enterprise reporting, Provide PCard verifiers the documentation required to reconciling PCard charges. Provides information to the Purchasing PCard Team in resolving any disputable charges.
Cross-Training & Other Duties:
- Cross-Training to serve as back up for the Administrative Assistant in regards to Graduate Student Travel Requests and PCards.
- Incumbent distributes agendas for the UFRF bi-annual board meetings following review and approval by the Assistant Director.
$11.50 - $13.50 per hour
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Experience using Microsoft Excel and Publisher required
Ability to answer a multiple phone line system in a professional manner.
General knowledge of the operations for the various offices.
Knowledge of professional office skills.
Ability to be multitask.
Knowledge of effective written and oral communication, ability to articulate and interpret information.
Establish and maintain professional and effective working relations with others.
Exercise good judgment.
Maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to this position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend