Laboratory Technician II--Department of Neurosurgery--RNS Engineering Laboratory
Job no: 507042
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29190000 - MD-NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY
Laboratory Technician II
Under the direction of the PI, the Laboratory Technician II will be responsible for:
- Maintaining lab equipment and keeping an updated inventory
- Purchasing lab and office supplies
- Maintaining laboratory safety programs
- Training of personnel in laboratory safety techniques
- Keeping laboratory records
- Preparing reagents
- Managing chemical and biological waste
- Writing and editing SOPs (standard operating procedures) for the laboratory
- Monitoring and care
- Surgical support (intracranial and subcutaneous tumor implantation in mice)
- Post-surgical monitoring and care, including:
- Health evaluation and surveillance
- Giving injections (intravenous, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, etc…)
- Removing sutures
- Maintaining procedures and protocols
- Collecting biological samples (blood, tissues, etc.)
- Maintaining animal care records
- Synthesizing RNA constructs
- Manufacturing nanoliposomes
- Confocal microscopy
- Flow citometry
- Analyzing data and reporting data, including report writing and developing presentations
$13.00 - $13.32, commensurate
Associate's degree in an appropriate area and two years of related experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Minimum of two years of small animal handling and surgical experience. Three years minimum experience using Excel, Google Sheets and Prism for data analysis. Must have a strong background in designing and implementing Excel/Google worksheets with complex data points.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
For consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three professional references.
This is a time-limited position.
To claim veterans preference, indicate the claim on the application and provide required documentation by uploading a DD-214 (or equivalent certification from the Department of Veteran Affairs) and any additional supporting documentation based on type of claim.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend