This position is located in the Personnel/Administrative Office of the Office of the Vice President for Research. This position will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Assistant Director for Human Resources and, as such, must present a professional demeanor and attitude, maintain a high level of confidentiality related to sensitive issues, and exercise independent and prudent judgment when completing the tasks and responsibilities associated with the job duties. Incumbent is cross-trained to assist all areas of the office during peak workload periods. Essential functions of this position include:
- Accepts and directs all incoming inquiries for the Office of Research. Answers phone calls and forwards them accordingly. Provides information about the Office of Research via e-mail and in person for those individuals inquiring about the function of the office.
- Responsible for sorting and processing all incoming mail. The mail includes such items as contracts, grants, awards, pre-awards, proposals, invoices, graduate student documents, program information, scholarship information, administrative information, and payroll information. The majority of the mail is time sensitive and must be processed in a timely manner. Responsible for ensuring that outgoing mail, both domestic and international, is processed in a timely manner. Ensures that the mail has the proper postage to avoid delays.
- Maintains electronic calendar for Conference Rooms located in Grinter Hall, rooms: 264 and 238, Responsible for setting up these conference rooms for meetings when requested.
- Incumbent will escort guests of the Vice President for Research and Office of Research staff to meetings, conferences, and any other activities related to the office. Also Responsible for scheduling the use of the Office of Research’s vans. Maintains vehicle logs and ensures that all entries/uses are for official business only. Conducts monthly audit of vehicle logs. This duty includes verification of date, destination, purpose of trip, times, mileage, and signatures. Ensures that each employee has a current driver’s license. Routinely checks van and reports any maintenance needed (flat tire, low gas, etc)
- Responsible for submitting work orders and phone orders and ordering name plates/tags in a timely manner. Prepares and maintains electronic spreadsheet of work orders submitted for the above services. Work/Phone order will require the employee to follow through and confirm that request has been completed.
- Assists with special requests assigned by the Assistant Director, Executive Assistant, administrative assistant or office assistant. Will fill in for the couriers when needed (i.e. taking documents to locations, providing transportation to and from meetings for Office of Research staff)
- Responsible for records maintained at Iron Mountain Storage. Sends and retrieves files when requested.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and storing office supplies as needed. An adequate amount of paper is to be appropriately maintained at all times. Purchase supplies as necessary for departmental functions; e.g., award ceremonies, etc. Receipts are to be appropriately submitted (per departmental protocol) to Administrative Support Assistants responsible for PCard reconciliation or the Business Office for processing.
- Responsible for securing and unlocking the Second floor in Grinter Hall on a daily basis; -In the absence of the Executive Assistant in the Vice President’s office, employee is cross-trained to provide office coverage.
- Prepare annual staff and probationary evaluations.
- Responsible for updating the electronic directory and departmental addresses when employees are hired or terminated. Responsible for updating Personnel and Administrative Services website regarding directory information, job postings and committee meetings. Maintain up-to-date lists of the departmental staff, phone numbers and locations.
- The work hours for this position are 8 am - 5 pm.