Media and Public Relations Internship
Job no: 506606
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:11900000 - OR-EMERGING PATHOGENS
STU AST-NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
This position will work directly with the Emerging Pathogens Institute’s (“EPI”) Administration group in support of its media and public relations activities. Reporting to the EPI public relations specialist and working closely with the IT manager and faculty contributors, the selected candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the content of the EPI website, http://www.epi.ufl.edu/, including writing press releases, taking photos, and editing and updating background pages.
- Updating the EPI digital signage and social media websites.
- Assisting the PR specialist in creating promotional publications; the ability to review and proofread design, layout, and other works of various graphical arts vendors and apply AP style to EPI’s communication materials is necessary.
- Project manager for the development of the new Center for Statistics and Quantitative Infectious Diseases website at EPI.
- Collaborate with a team to promote EPI’s annual Research Day.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum 12 month commitment (including summer terms) is essential at 15-20 hours per week. EPI will gladly accommodate schedules for classes, exams, semester breaks, etc.
- Requirements of the position include a:
- minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2/4.0;
- major in Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing;
- robust knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office, and social media programs.
- A criminal background check and valid driver’s license are also required.
- Preferred qualifications include demonstrated extracurricular and community service activities, polished interpersonal skills, the ability to comfortably interact with faculty, staff, graduate students, and administrators, and the self-confidence to work independently and productively on multiple tasks.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
For more information about the EPI, please see: http://epi.ufl.edu/. Applicants must include a cover letter, resume, and three references via the GatorJobs online application web site. No telephone calls please.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend