Job no: 506302
Work type: Student Ast, Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Office/Clerical
Department:67000000 - STEPHEN C O'CONNELL CENTER
STU AST CLERICAL & ADMIN
The Stephen C. O’Connell Center is seeking a part-time Accounting Assistant to support the Associate Director and Accountant in all fiscal and general office responsibilities of the department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assistance in the areas of payroll, accounts receivable/payable, monthly reconciliations, general ledger posting, and special financial reporting. This position will also support all other functions of the office including box office operations, marketing, contract preparation, and auditing.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 2 years and will require a minimum of 20 hours a week with flexible scheduling. There will be occasional nights and weekends that will be either in addition to scheduled hours or hours will be shifted from the normal workweek. Position will NOT follow University vacation schedule and will require continuity through summers and all normally scheduled University breaks. Vacation schedule will be decided upon for a mutually agreeable time.
$8.45 per hour
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and Access
• A willingness to learn, attention to detail, and an ability to perform a variety of tasks
• Must be able to fill the position for a minimum of 2 years
• Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours (flexible scheduling)
• Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends
• Position will NOT follow University vacation schedule and will require continuity through summers and all normally schedule University breaks
Accounting Major, Business Major, (or related major) or prior bookkeeping experience
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position you must attach a cover letter and resume.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend