LECTURER - Internship/Experiential Learning Coordinator
Job no: 505858
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:16520000 - LS-CLA/S ACADEMIC ADVISING
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Center (AAC) at the University of Florida seeks candidates for a Lecturer to coordinate various student experiential learning programs, oversee and grow existing internship programs, and assist with career readiness/professional development advising. This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure accruing, renewable position.
As a Lecturer, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Teaching IDS 4940 (Internship) each semester, including summer terms. This position will review and update the IDS4940 course content as needed
- Coordinating the CLAS Alumni Internship Program. This position will manage existing internships offered through this program, maintain and update the student/employer information page, and serve as the primary point of contact for Alumni Internship providers
- Assisting with the development and delivery of a new, one-credit professional development/career readiness course for CLAS students
- One-on-one career coaching for CLAS undergraduate students
- Assisting in the promotion of career and professional development-related student opportunities, including workshops and special events
The Center is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service. The university and greater Gainesville communities enjoy a diversity of cultural events, restaurants, year-round outdoor recreational activity, and social opportunities.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes full benefit package.
* A Master’s Degree is required
* Previous experience working with diverse populations
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to set and keep priorities among competing demands
* An understanding of liberal arts and sciences career paths, and a desire to promote the career and professional development of liberal arts and sciences students
A Master’s degree in an appropriate area, along with relevant work experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted online at http://explore.jobs.ufl/cw/en-us/listing/ (search job 505858) and must include a letter of application, CV, evidence of teaching excellence and accomplishments, and teaching philosophy. In addition, names and email addresses for three references must be provided on the application. After initial review, letters of recommendation will be requested for selected applicants. Application deadline is 11:55 p.m. of February 2, 2018.
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks, and verification of education.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” is a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an educational institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law. If an accommodation due to disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-9771 (TDD).
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend