Grants and Business Admin Specialist II
Job no: 505756
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:18010000 - ED-DN OFFICE
Business Admin Specialist II
Responsible for monitoring, reviewing, and approving transactions submitted in myUFL by the Business Administration Specialist I and/or the unit client. Processes more complex transactions in myUFL; and may approve and/or reconcile other various transactions in myUFL. Takes an active leadership role in assisting Business Administration Specialist I’s in identifying appropriate methods for resolving department needs. Examples of Work (These are not all inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed):
- Reviews and prepares the allocation and verifies the accuracy of commitment accounting for faculty, staff, post-docs, fellows, graduate students, student assistants, and OPS.
- Provides support to Business Administration Specialist I’s in the analysis, reconciliation, and approval of Pcard charges for customer units.
- Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization and expense reports.
- Prepares grant proposal submissions, including but not limited to budget calculations and preparation; completion of administrative documentation; contacting co-P.I.’s and collaborators for documentation; preparing cost share letters, and obtaining signatures on DSR-1 and related forms.
- Responsible for assisting or filling in for SSC Specialists for fiscal or HR/payroll transaction services as needed to cover for other team members’ absences and/or increased volume to insure seamless continuity of service to customers.
- May also temporarily assist or fill in for financial, administrative or HR staff at the customer’s site when short-term vacancies exist.
- Depending upon the customer’s area of need, works with customer’s management to initiate transactions and/or assist faculty and staff.
- Process Analysis and Account Reconciliations–On a monthly basis.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles all accounts in the SSC to include state, cash-based, and grant accounting.
- Reviews expenditures, balances, and transactional detail.
- Monitors and reviews all processes with the SSC team and initiates modifications as appropriate. Researches operational problems and errors and recommends/implements solutions in a timely manner.
- Actively addresses issues and presents customer feedback to Shared Services Center team.
- Works with SSC team members to keep abreast of regulatory, compliance, process, enterprise system upgrades and technology changes.
- Interprets federal and state employment laws; UF policies, procedures, and regulations; and college policies relating to fiscal and human resources transactions.
- Maintains effective business relationships with College and University core offices.
- Serves as liaison between the unit and core offices.
- Attends college and university meetings for management personnel to ensure the Department’s understanding of and compliance with rules and regulations.
- Guides Unit Managers on Record Retention policies and procedures for fiscal transactions and personnel records within the department.
- Responsible for training unit staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with education and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Pre-Award, Post-Award, and UFirst experience
- Must possess critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to human resource transactions, payroll, travel, grants, all fiscal functions, account reconciliations and monthly budgetary reporting
- Must understand and practice excellent customer service
- Must possess a professional attitude which is conveyed in all interactions, communications and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to organize, manage, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to work independently with demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Must have knowledge of and experience with university and state regulations regarding fiscal, budget, grants and human resources matters
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three references.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT UF EMPLOYEES ONLY.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend