Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Medical Technologist
Job no: 505205
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28334300 - VM-CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Medical Technologist (CARE)
The Clinical Pathology Laboratory within the University of Florida Veterinary Hospitals is recruiting for a Medical Technologist to work as a Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Technologist.
- The position accurately performs a variety of routine biological and chemical test procedures on blood, urine and other body fluids and tissues, from clinical patients and research animals.
- Procedures are performed in the hematology, chemistry, endocrinology, urinalysis and cytology laboratories. Performs preventive maintenance and quality control on laboratory equipment. Performs quality control on analytical procedures at required intervals and documents quality control in the appropriate logs.
- This position requires a post-offer health assessment.
$18.00 - $24.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Bachelor's of science degree in clinical laboratory sciences/medical technology, current medical technologist license and one year of relevant experience. State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure must be obtained within six months of hire.
- ASCP Certification
- Physical ability to produce quality blood smears for evaluation requested
- Ability to explain laboratory protocol
- Ability to determine appropriate laboratory test for the result requested
- Ability to learn and practice appropriate safety procedures for dealing with potentially infectious agents, and hazardous chemicals
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Experience and skill in performing manual cell counts, leukocyte differentials, and making dilutions of body fluids
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend