Web Programming Assistant
Job no: 504923
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:05180000 - RU-NETWORK SERVICES
STU AST - NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
All student employees within the J. Wayne Reitz Union must:
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA.
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Possess exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism that upholds the mission of the JWRU to all patrons.
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being productive, self-motivated, and dependable.
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, evaluations, and personal and professional development opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for J. Wayne Reitz Union as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information involving the JWRU and campus resources.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the creation of dynamic database driven web applications utilizing SQL, ASP.NET, and C#.
- Coordinates with all programming staff contributing to the coding projects.
- Record and track code documentation to assist other departmental programmers using Team Foundation Server.
- Assist with maintaining DotNetNuke for content management of J. Wayne Reitz Union website, Student Government website, Student Activities and Involvement website, as well as Student Legal Services.
- Completes all training requirements upon being hired in a timely fashion.
- Ability to commit to working 10 or more hours per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and will be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS) or Federal Work-Study (FWS) and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Demonstrated ability in SQL, ASP.NET, and XHTML
- Demonstrated experience with hand coding HTML, C#, and CSS
- Demonstrated experience with building moderate to complex SQL queries and functions.
- Must be a student through Fall 2017
- Must submit a resume with application
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Previous experience with current Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, and COMPUTER HARDWARE
- Demonstrate strong coding ability; include links if available of your work in an attachment to application or as a last page of the résumé
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a web programming position with a primary focus with C# and SQL languages.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend