ASO DEAN & PROF
Job no: 503592
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science
Department:19010200 - EG-ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Associate Dean & Professor
INTERNAL SEARCH ONLY.
The Office of Academic Affairs at the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering is conducting an Internal Search (only current permanent UF Faculty members are eligible to apply) for the position of Associate Dean & Professor.
The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of the College of Engineering and is responsible for the following:
This position will also conduct other duties as assigned.
- Development and oversight of programs to enhance faculty success in the college mission of teaching research and service:
- New Faculty Orientation Program
- College and department mentoring programs
- Workshops or seminars as needed to enhance faculty development.
- Leadership training for faculty and department chairs.
- Administers the Dean’s Honor Role of Teaching and oversees college initiatives to improve teaching effectiveness in the college.
- Oversight of all faculty evaluation processes:
- Tenure and promotion
- Investigation of all grievances and complaints by or against faculty
- Serve as liaison between the college administration and college level faculty committees including the Faculty Council and the Honors and Awards Committee.
- Provides oversight of the development of interdisciplinary graduate academic programs and manages the graduate curriculum approval process for the college.
- MS programs, including the Achievement Award and 4/1 programs
- Serves as the college interface with the Graduate School and the Graduate Council on graduate student grievances, degree certification and academic policy.
- Oversees Ph.D. student recruiting, fellowship programs, and college wide quality initiatives.
- The Assoc. Dean serves as the COE liaison for
- Academic units and administrators on campus
- Associate Provost of Academic Affairs
- Associate Provost for IT and Distance Learning
- State academic entities such as the State Common Course Pre-Red Committee.
- Serves as the college’s EOC officer and leads efforts to help the college achieve a diverse faculty, staff and graduate student community. Programs to facilitate this goal may include training for search committees and implementation of strategies to broaden applicant pools.
- Oversees COE distance learning programs and manages the EDGE staff.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PhD in Engineering or related field and must hold rank of full professor.
This position is open to current permanent UF Faculty only.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications should include a letter of interest, a detailed curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and long-term goals, and the names and email addresses of three or more references. The application packet will be submitted through the UF Jobs website at https://jobs.ufl.edu/. The review process will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Final candidates will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
University of Florida counts among its greatest strengths — and a major component of its excellence – that it values broad diversity in its faculty, students, and staff and creates a robust, inclusive and welcoming climate for learning, research and other work. UF is committed to equal educational and employment opportunity and access and seeks individuals of all races, ethnicities, genders and other attributes who, among their many exceptional qualifications, have a record of including a broad diversity of individuals in work and learning activities. The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida's 'Government in the Sunshine' and Public Records Laws. Search committee meetings and interviews will be open to the public, and applications, resumes, and many other documents related to the search will be available for public inspection. The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend