Laboratory Technician II
Job no: 503509
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29091100 - MD-PEDS-GENETICS
Laboratory Technician II
Organize, search and order reagents and supplies, maintain storage and perform maintenance of equipment in Dr. Maegawa’s research laboratory as well as supervise the trainees and other technicians working in our laboratory.
Organize data bases, biobank of samples and cell lines, tissues, and perform analysis of current data from ongoing experiments.
Organize and perform initial in vitro and in vivo assay methods including molecular biology assays, fluorescence microscopy, tandem spectroscopy, particularly liquid chromatography mass-spectrometry, which will be necessary to orient and guide trainees in the lab to perform specific experiments.
Supervise, assist, and oversee trainees in performing experiments related to the research projects at Dr. Maegawa’s laboratory including but not limited to vin vivo and in vitro assays. Eventually, perform these experiments along with trainees in Dr. Maegawa’s lab.
$13.50 -$17.50 hourly commensurate within this range based on experience and education
Associate’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of related experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Master Degree in Biology and/or Neuroscience.
- Experience with lysosomal murine models, in particular Twitcher mouse.
- Experience with mouse work, including daily and basic care, drug administration and performing behavioral studies with the neurogenetic murine models.
- Basic knowledge in molecular biology and biochemistry along with experience in animal work, especially Twitcher model.
- Knowledge of tissue culture procedures, molecular biology procedures and techniques including but not limited to molecular cloning, transfection, infection, RNA isolation and Northern blotting.
- Basic knowledge in data analysis including experience with specific softwares such as GraphPad, Excel, PubChem, PDB, Volocity and ZEN 2009 Edition, and familiar with concepts of parametric and non-parametric statistics.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
Normal work hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexible hours due to animal care duties.
If you are a Florida Resident claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 for consideration.
Please upload a copy of your Cover Letter or Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae of Resume, and List of References.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 pm (EST) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend